Monday, May 21, 2012

Time In Between


    I haven’t blogged in way too long. I guess that’s pretty indicative of how crazy busy this past month has been. Just as a forewarning, I’m going into this post with the mindset of being short and sweet and to-the-point, but I can’t promise that intention will be met! 

Here’s what has happened in the past few weeks:

1. I’ve graduated from college. I now have a Bachelor’s Degree from the University of Tennessee at Martin in Biology.

2. I have moved home to Memphis for the summer. It’s been three years since I have been home this long! Moving home means I have left Martin, TN—leaving behind so many wonderful memories of growth, support, encouragement, best friends, a church family, and a place that God used to change my entire life. Blah—that’s been one of the harder points of this month’s highlights.

3. I turned 22 this past week! Doesn’t feel much different--just realize that I really am GROWN-UP! When in the world did this happen!?

4. I got a job! Praise the Lord for this opportunity! I will be a nanny for a family of six children all summer long. The task may seem daunting, but I am thankful because it is exactly the position I was looking and praying for. Jehovah Jireh is my God! (Phil 4:19)

5. I going to a training this week to learn the ropes of volunteering with refugee families in the Memphis area. I began praying about this about a month or so ago, and found a wonderful place for me to serve and share the gospel with the nations right here in Memphis. The idea stemmed from the new opportunities offered by the IMB and Nehemiah Teams called Project 52, where college students go to strategic areas in the US to serve refugees and large populations of internationals. Since I am staying home this summer to work, spend time with family, and prepare for leaving in August, I thought seeking to serve right where I am seemed appropriate.

6. WEDDINGS. Need I say more? When you have two best friends getting married within 2 months of each other, your life screams showers and gifts and dresses and errands and rehearsals and so much more. Let me say though that I have loved every second of it and can see the hand of the Lord so clearly on Veronica and Jessi’s soon-to-be marriages! It’s a joy to see them both wed before I leave in August!

     So, yes—a lot has happened! And speaking of leaving, I have about 2.5 months left! (76 days to be exact!) I am SO excited to go—to learn, to be where God has led me, to meet all the girls I will serve with, to watch the miracle of birth on a daily basis, to minister to the women brought our way, and to give glory back to the Father. It is truly the desire of my heart to be there, and I can’t express how overjoyed I am to watch as little by little, the Father graciously gives me that desire.

     There is much still to be done in preparation to leaving, especially with raising funds for tuition. Let me brag on the Lord a bit by praising the fact that my airline tickets are purchased, all my books are purchased, I have been given a fetal heart doppler, luggage and a backpack have been purchased, and favor with my document authentication on the state and national level is being seen! So much he lavishes on us as His children!

     My #midwifebrittany t-shirt sales raised a substantial amount toward tuition—the response was so overwhelming! I can’t say enough how grateful I am for the faithful members of the Body of Christ that I have been blessed to meet and serve with and that have supported me thus far. You guys are so great. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

     That being said, I still have quite the mountain to climb as far as finances go. I am still looking for those of you willing to commit to support me monthly, make a one-time gift, or even opt to support the birth of a child born in the clinic. As the vast majority (over 90%) of my tuition expenses goes directly to the maintenance and services of the clinic, your support is directly supporting families and moms to have safe births, from the outset of the pregnancy and even beyond delivery. Know that ANY amount given really does make a difference! Feel free to send me an email (brilbart@ut.utm.edu) or a message on Facebook if you would like to support in any of these ways. And of course, I solicit your prayers as I am assured by God’s word that the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few! Let’s ask the Lord of the harvest to continue sending workers and to bless those already sent!

     I will end by posting the lyrics to a song that has truly given meaning to my current situation as I have completed college, but not yet left for the Philippines.

Time In Between
Francesca Battistelli

You were there when your Father said
Let there be light
You obeyed when He whispered
Son, You have to leave tonight
To spend nine months in a mothers womb
Three days in a borrowed tomb

But it’s the time in between
That brings me to my knees
Knowing you came for me
And all that I can't be
I'm amazed, so amazed
And I thank You for the time in between

Don't take much for this crazy world
To rob me of my peace
And the enemy of my soul
Says You’re holding out on me
So I stand here lifting empty hands
For you to fill me up again

But it’s the time in between
That I fall down to my knees
Waiting on what You'll bring
And the things that I can't see
I know my song’s incomplete
Still I'll sing in the time in between

So many ways
Your love has saved the day
And I'm grateful for them all

But it’s the time in between
The middle of two thieves
That says everything
It’s the reason I believe
I'm amazed, so amazed
And I thank you for the time in between
Oh Lord, I thank you for the time in between

1 comment:

  1. Amen, diligently praying for you. It's amazing how we can all be ONE body in Christ, yet we can be placed all over the world in doing the Lord's will. Reminds me of Paul's words, that we should be sure to just walk for the Lord right now where we are, and He'll take care of our future worries (1 Corinthians 7:17). :)

    ReplyDelete