Monday, June 25, 2012

tid-bits and a challenge.

Pray. Give. Go. Three powerful words that encouraged my heart as I shared at a small church in Union City yesterday. Thanks again to Crosswind who encouraged my heart and reminded me that indifference is not an option.

 Here's a few updates:
*Today is June 25. 41 days until August 5. Oh, what a countdown!

*I got my overseas address! If you are interested in sending me letters/boxes/etc..here's the info.

For letters and regular mail:
Brittany Barthol
Mercy Maternity Center
PO Box 81227
Davao City  8000
Philippines


For shipping via UPS or large Forex Boxes:
Brittany Barthol
Mercy Maternity Center
10 First Opal Street
Near Corner Veloso/Dakudao
Obrero/Agdao
Davao City  8000
Tel.  63-82-224-1482
 

*As of today, I am right at ~25% funded for the Fall in the Philippines. Even though the countdown to my departure is exciting, it has become a bit daunting as well, as 41 days are left for that 25% to be 100%. There are several ways to financially support, with one-time gifts or monthly pledges. I have had some response to monthly donations that have been so wonderful. Thank you to those who can give! If you want to give, ANY amount helps, I promise! Please let me know if you can support, have any ideas fundraising-wise, etc.
     
      *Supporting a birth costs about $80. If you are interested in this option, I will send a picture and short story about the baby and the family you specifically assisted. Be sure to notify me if this is the avenue you wish to support.
     *Also, Newlife International School of Midwifery is unique in that student fees go directly to fund the clinic. The clinic is self-supported and funded by the students enrolled in the school. The fees are based on the amount of births at the clinic each year. Last year it was over 1500, with 20,000 patients annually in for prenatal exams!! This clinic offers wonderful labor and delivery services free of charge to those who would not be able to afford it. 


..Challenge..
    *Here's the monthly goal I want to challenge you with: If I have 25 friends pledge $20 each month for the next 6 months (July-December 2012), MORE THAN HALF of the fees for Spring 2013 would be covered! $20--a few coffee's worth, your pocket change from the month. Think about it. Pray about it.

Finally, I want to continue to say thank you to everyone who has shown great support for me and this ministry. I am confident that the Lord can use such a practical, common avenue such a child-birth to bring the lost to salvation and life abundant in Him. The director of the clinic I will volunteer with posted this link to an article on maternal health in the Philippines. (http://www.sunstar.com.ph/davao/opinion/2012/06/20/editorial-maternal-health-227729#.T-eg42EB-zk.facebook) It is a short read and shines light on the high maternal mortality rates. Add this to the reasons I am compelled to go.

--Brittany

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing at Crosswind! I'm thankful for people like you willing to go. I will be praying for you. Blessings!

    Melissa Rice

    ReplyDelete