Monday, July 16, 2012

20 days.

The past week or so has been eventful, full of travel, and a good break. I had a week off from babysitting, and went down to Mississippi with my brother and his girlfriend to visit my dad and family. That in itself was such a blessing, just getting to catch up and spend time with those who mean the most to me. In the few days I was there, I had my wisdom teeth taken out, too. Even though surgery isn't the most awesome thing, it was a good opportunity to get my pestering molars removed. I have been healing well for the most part!

Then I got to turn right back around and drive to Franklin to spend the weekend with the bride-to-be, Jessi. We picked up Karah from the airport as she returned from her mission trip in India. Battling the airport was surprisingly not too difficult. It made me feel really grown-up! Veronica came in that night--and E103 was reunited once again! Our lives are already so drastically different, but I can never express how thankful I am for them even still.

So now I am down to twenty days. Less than three weeks are all that stand between me and my home-away-from-home. About a million thoughts are flooding my mind. It is the oddest feeling in the world to be this season of transition. But oh what a peace flows from obedience to the Lord.

Last Sunday, I had the blessing of speaking at my grandparent's church about my move to the Philippines. Once again, the Lord used His body to encourage me and help support His mission around the world. Thanks so much to Living Oaks for your loving arms and heart for the world!

To update those who follow my blog, here is where I am financially. I'm at about 43% funded for the amount due August 1st. I am still in need of the other 57% in order to move in three weeks. I ask most importantly for your prayers. I can so honestly say that your prayers have offered much comfort and peace as I am waiting on the Lord and trusting in His leading.

In addition to praying, if you feel led to give financially, please let me know. Remember that the "donate" button on my blog can be utilized as online giving through paypal. Feel free to email me (, comment here, or contact me by phone (901-830-5843) if you have any questions.

 So grateful for reminders like Revelation 7:9-10:

After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, 
from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne  
and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding 
palm branches in their hands. And they cried out in a loud voice:

“Salvation belongs to our God,
who sits on the throne,
and to the Lamb.”

All nations will praise our God! May we be a body united to this end!



  1. Brittany,
    found your blog through the Grace Emmaues Community. Prayers and blessings as you enter into this wonderful new adventure for our Lord. Blessings!

  2. Thank you for the encouragement!! :)