Friday, May 23, 2014

samal.

      My months here in the Phils usually include a mixture of the same things--volunteer hours at the clinic (~32+/week), check-ups with babies and mommas, church, and lots of studying! It was nice this past week to break the routine and take a day trip to Samal, a neighboring island, to speak at a youth camp. Vonn and I were both able to go and share about the things the Lord has taught us about missions and how to practically share. It was a blessing to prepare for my talk, as I reflected on how God has used my relationship with Him, His Word, circumstances, and other believers in my life to lead me to where I am today. Equally encouraging were the students, as they were eager to listen to what I had to say and eager to learn and practice how to share the gospel with others. Thankful for the opportunity to speak and see filipino youth in love with the Lord, dedicated to sharing.

This is me sharing a little bit of my testimony and talking about missions.
My handsome to-be groom sharing how to use 'Ang Tulay' (bridge tract to share the Gospel)
Some of the kids of a family who lives near the camp
:)
Looking ahead for the summer:
-I will be helping supervise a team of four college students who will partner and volunteer with the clinic here. They will serve through Nehemiah Teams during the months of June and July. Please pray for their transition here, willingness to serve, that they will be a blessing to the staff and patients, and for opportunities to be intentional in sharing.
-Because I will sit my midwifery exam in the US in October, all of my school work and cases are required to be completed by the beginning of July. Pray for me as I finish up this last little bit and gather the finances and resources to file for the test.
-Transition! I am always asking for you guys to partner specifically in this with me, because I know transition from the Philippines to the US will be a difficult one. Excited to see family and friends, knowing that the God who is faithful to me today doesn't change, no matter where I am in the world!

Thank you for walking through this journey with me and following my last few months here. To Gos be the glory, great things He is continuing to do! Until next time,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment